Saturday, August 13, 2016

Mommy's 39th Birthday!

Well, I was totally spoiled on my birthday!  Chris had to go out of town on my actual birthday, so we celebrated the night before with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Cheesecake Factory.  I LOVE the spicy cashew chicken there!  On my actual birthday, we went to one of Pearce's friends' birthday parties at a glow-in-the-dark mini golf place.  It was a really fun party and Pearce loved it!  He especially loved that they had a piñata there and he actually got a chance to pull one of the strings before the bottom opened.....at another party, he was so excited about the piñata, but it got opened before he got a chance to pull a string and he was soooooo sad :(  While at the party, I got a text from Chris that said "Check your email during the day today.  You'll be getting several surprises from me, Pearcey, and Sissy.  Happy 39th!"  I was so surprised about this because I told Chris that I didn't want a birthday gift since he had just given us such a great vacation.  Also, Chris NEVER surprises me in a big way, so this was so fun!  I got $25 gift cards to Panera, Zoe's, Starbucks, Redbox, Sephora, and then my last big one was a $100 gift card to Old Navy!  Woohoo....thank you Chris, Pearcey, and Sissy!!!!!!  Thank you Mom and Daddy and Cliff and Edie for my birthday money!  Thank you Ash, Jen, and Missy for my gift cards....Mommy's got some serious shopping to do!  Lora surprised me with the cutest picture of a bulldog which seriously looks just like Otis!  I really thought she had gotten a picture painted of him, but she found it at Hobby Lobby!  I love it, thank you Lora!  Pearce got to choose my birthday treat and he chose to go to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream cone :)  All during the day, he kept singing "Happy Birthday" to me, and I just loved it!  Thank you for making my birthday special!!!









Otis!  It's hanging in the hallway by the guest room.  Chris took down the razorback picture we had there.....that means Chris really likes it, too :)


We recreated my first birthday having Pearce and now...loved that little baby tongue hanging out!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love that picture of baby Pearce on your birthday! It brings back memories of the last 4 years. He's growing up too quickly!! But he's still pretty cute. I thank God every day for the blessing He gave us all in that sweet child! I just love him so much. I was cleaning out some stuff from my car today and found your birthday card and the rest of your gift. Guess you thought I cheated you this year. 😞 I think I was just thinking about getting home and having the surgery on my "weird" eye. It sort of unnerved me when the doctor said it was the weirdest eye he'd ever seen! (Well......okay.) I'll mail it to you. Love you, Sweetie! 😘

    Lora

    ReplyDelete