Saturday, August 13, 2016

GG's Visit

GG came for a visit the day after we got back from our trip, so it was fun to look forward to her arrival!  We took it easy on Saturday....I did laundry and GG folded it for me :)  Pearce played with his souvenirs and told GG all about our trip.  I picked up Sissy from doggy day care and then noticed that she was not feeling good....bubbly snot coming out of her nose, red eyes, and just no energy.  When I picked her up, they told me "Daisy was so chill while she was here, just wanting to lay by the fan in the kitchen."  The girl said they kept checking her temp to make sure she wasn't sick, but in my mind, I was thinking this is not how she normally is.  We really liked her doggy day care because the dogs get lots of outdoor play time and spend very little time cooped up in kennels.  BUT as soon as I got her home, Chris and I could tell she was sick....which made me really mad at the people at Taurus because they had to have seen the snot and her red eyes.  We wondered how long she had been like that, so I ended up having to take her to the after hours vet and they diagnosed her with a bad upper respiratory infection.  Thankfully she is fine now, but it took a good week for her to get over it.  We've since found a new boarding place that we will use next time...very disappointed with Taurus.  Anyway, we had lots of fun with GG!  We did lots of playing and GG did lots of spoiling :)  She got him TWO Star Wars Lego sets which we put together.  We also went to the movie to see The Secret Lives of Pets!  Pearce took a little stuffed Otis with him to watch the movie :)  We love going to the Movie House Eatery because they have recliner seats which are sooo comfy....plus good food!  We all loved the movie!  We also took GG to Jumpstreet so Pearce could show her his superb jumping skills :)  Pearce is always asking to get Dippin' Dots ice cream there, and I always say no.  It was Pearce's lucky day because GG got him this ice cream treat :)  One day, we went to Phil's Icehouse, which Pearce requested.  We sat outside and watched Pearce play and then he wanted to go next door to iFly to watch the flyers.  He LOVES to do that!  I think it's even more fun for him because he's actually gotten to do it.  I got to have a couple days to myself to run errands and even got to go to a movie with friends one night, while GG stayed home with Pearce.  We had fun with you, GG!!  Thank you for coming to play!!!














1 comment:

  1. I had such a good time! It was good to have kind of a laid back few days between my 2 surgeries (which made me a little tense). It worked out perfectly! I love playing with Pearce, going to movies, and watching him play. Most of all, I loved hearing him describe everything about the California trip! I also love watching him use his wonderful imagination in playing with his Legos and other figures. He doesn't have to have someone else to entertain himself. I was so glad to give you some "adult" time, too. I'm glad sweet Daisy is feeling better now. I was really worried about her. Remember, her GG will come babysit her anytime!!
    Looking forward to coming back before Halloween so Pearce and I can be chauffered around to look at the lights and decorations every night before bedtime! LOL (we have a really cute and sweet driver!)
    XOXOX
    GG

    ReplyDelete