Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pearce's Birthday Weekend- Part 1

My baby boy turned 1 year old on Friday, January 25th!  We had a family party and it was just perfect in every way.  I started planning the party a couple months ago by ordering his birthday shirt from Pumpkin Butter Kids.  I found her on Facebook, I think, and I just loved all of the shirts she does.  I knew I wanted to do a "train" theme, so I placed the order and when I received it, I LOVED it!!!  Then I found the idea for the birthday wreath on Pinterest.  I am not crafty at all, but I thought this wreath was so cute and it looked easy enough to do.  I started working on it here and there and I love how it turned out!  During the past few years, I have seen how people decorate the high chair tray, so I knew I wanted to do that.  I found the ribbon idea on Pinterest, too and it was really easy!  I just hot glued different strands of ribbon onto a long strand of ribbon.  Then I just used the Command adhesive strips to attach it to the high chair.  My friend, Christina, who is in my play group, made Pearce's photo banner and birthday banner for me.  I just got the paper and she did all the rest!  Thank you Christina!!!  One of Chris's co-workers has her own little bakery business out of her house, so I asked her to do the big cake, smash cake, and cookies.  All I told her was that it was a train theme and that I wanted primary colors.  I LOVED it!  I had some snacks for the kids to eat on during the weekend...squeeze applesauce, boxes of raisins, and chips.  I put those in colored bowls.  Ashley brought a few of Nathan's trains and the tracks for us to decorate the table.  It really looked so cute!  











So, Friday afternoon, Mom and Daddy came to town and wanted to take Pearce to get his first "real" taste of yogurt, so we went to Orange Leaf.  Pearce was in Heaven getting little bites of every one's yogurt!  It was so funny!

Lora came later that afternoon and we all had fun just playing and loving on Pearce.  Ashley, Wayne, Nathan, and Charlotte got into town later that night as well as Jen and Robert.  Chris cooked fajitas for dinner and it was just a really nice, laid back evening.  Robert's birthday is February 2nd, so we had a little celebration for him with cupcakes and we all gave him gift cards to get video games.  He loved that!


Pearce loves his G.G.!

Pearce with Mama and Papa

Mama just can't keep from loving on this baby!



Jen and Robert who will soon turn 11!

These two had fun playing Angry Birds and playing on the iPad!

Saturday was party day!  We went out to lunch and then Ashley and I came home to give Pearce a nap and get everything ready. Chris cooked two different types of chili with all the fixin's.  Everyone came back over around 4:00 and then it was play time!  It was such nice weather that weekend, so we spent a lot of the time playing outside.  Pearce loved having his walker in the backyard and the cousins had fun having races and running around.  We also went on a wagon ride in Pearce's new wagon.  I just really wanted the weekend to be laid back and that's exactly how it was!

Pearce showing Uncle Wayne how to work his board puzzle :)



Ash and her baby girl :)

Ready, set, GO!

Pearce loved playing with his cousins!


Jen and Daddy

Me and Ash


Pearce enjoying one of his train cookies :)

Never in a million years did I think I would have a baby boy as perfect and sweet and fun as this one!

Cake and presents up next!


2 comments:

  1. So fun! Those cakes turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend for a 1st birthday celebration! Carrie did an awesome job onf decorating and planning; Chris did a wonderful job of cooking! It was such a fun time!! Pearce is a lucky little boy. He has so many adoring relatives. He was at his best entertaining us all weekend. It was fun watching him interact with his cousins, too.

    The cakes, cookies, and the choo-choo theme were so cute. And yummy!!

    Love,
    GG

    ReplyDelete