Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pearce's Birthday Weekend- Part 2

Now for the fun stuff!  After playing outside, we decided it was time for the birthday boy to open his presents.  OH. MY. GOODNESS.  To say Pearce got spoiled on his first birthday is an understatement!  He got cute new clothes, his own little chair, a tricycle, money, a Weebles play set, two Disney movies, and several other little toys!  Pearce had a little help from his cousins unwrapping everything.

LOVE this cute red chair from Pottery Barn!  Thank you G.G.!


How cute is this little warm up suit?!  G.G. had a work trip in Orlando and brought back lots of Disney loot!


Pearce's first tricycle!  Thank you Auntie Jen!



Mama and Papa got Pearce the cutest clothes from Gymboree.  Thank you Mama and Papa!  They also gave him some birthday money which went straight to his little Piggy Bank...he's rich for a 1 year old!

Thank you Auntie Ashy and Uncle Wayne for the Weebles play set!



Papa went to work getting Pearce's tricycle put together!


The balloons were a big hit with Pearce!  He had so much fun batting them around!

Cake time!!  We sang "Happy Birthday" and then let Pearce go for it.  He was a little unsure at first and then I gave him a bite of the icing...then he totally went for it!  He was a mess, the smash cake was definitely smashed, and we all had fun watching him!










I love the look on Jen's face!


After Pearce ate his cake, I took him straight to the tub and gave him a quick bath while everyone else enjoyed cake and ice cream.  After his bath, we played some more with all of his toys.

Pearce kept giving Papa these sweet hugs!  He would just lean in and hug him!  It made Mama so jealous, but Papa loved it :)

Mom, I just couldn't help but put this pic on here!  That's a "Pearce" for ya....falling asleep anywhere!

Otis decided Pearce's new chair looked mighty comfy!

So, Pearce's first birthday was a success!  After everyone left on Sunday, Chris and I had fun talking about it.  We felt like everyone had a great time, enjoyed great food, but most of all, everyone loved celebrating our Pearce!  We appreciate all of the gifts, of course, but what we REALLY appreciate is the effort our family made to travel to Austin to celebrate our baby boy's birthday.  Jen, said something to me during lunch on Saturday.  She asked me if I remembered several years ago when she and mom were visiting and I broke down crying to them because I had found out I wasn't pregnant then.  She said, "And now look at what you have!"  We had a nice little talk about all of that.  Thanks Jen :)  And thank you to everyone for helping us celebrate.  
Happy Birthday Pearce! 

















2 comments:

  1. So fun! Love all the cake pictures! I know Reagan will LOVE her cake too. Westin hated it. Ha! Westin and Reagan have more in their piggy banks than I do for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I will have to get ALL my grandchildren their own chairs!! I can tell Otis wants one. Maybe a pink one with butterflies for Miss Daisy! LOL

    I'm glad Otis didn't get sick from eating all the icing Pearce threw on the floor! Good thing you put the plastic tablecloth on the carpet.

    It was a wonderful weekend. Love you all!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete