Sunday, July 16, 2017

Port Aransas

Christie wanted to take Ridley to the beach since he had never been.  She was going to go all by herself since Mike's work schedule was packed, so I asked if she wanted Pearce and I to go and she said yes!  So, we rented a beach front condo, we each brought food and supplies, and we headed down to Port Aransas!  It was only 4 hours from our house, so it was such an easy drive.  Pearce was soooo excited to get there.  He is normally a very good traveler, but I nearly lost my mind driving down because every few minutes he was asking when we would be there :)  We left at 7 am and got there at 11.  We knew we wouldn't be able to check into our condo yet, so we all wore our suits and just went straight to the beach!  Pearce was a beach pro!!!!  He jumped right into the water.  This was Ridley's first time at the beach, so it took him a little bit longer to warm up to the waves.  The waves were really big and fun....Pearce and I loved them!  Ridley spent most of his time just playing on the beach.  He and Pearce played so well together the whole time we were there!  I must say, I was pretty proud of Christie and I.  I borrowed the beach umbrellas from Dad and I was a little nervous about having to put them in because I didn't know if I would be strong enough to do it.  Well, I did it and they stayed up!  Christie stayed an extra day, so I let her borrow an umbrella and she was able to put it up all by herself, too!  We had such a great first day at the beach.  That evening, we took the boys on a pirate ship.  It was really fun and they loved it!  The crew dressed and talked like real pirates and put on a show the the whole time.  Ridley and Pearce got to pick out a souvenir on the boat....Pearce picked out a sword and Ridley got a gun...the pirates even went around and painted mustaches on all the kids.  It was really cute!  After the pirate ship, we went back to the condo and let the boys play a little, but then they crashed and Christie and I had fun staying up late and talking.  The boys slept together in one bedroom and Christie and I had the other room with twin beds.  Ridley and Christie got up early, so Pearce got up early, but I slept in a bit.  We had a quick breakfast, packed the coolers and then headed to the beach for the ENTIRE day!  What a fun day it was.  The waves were bigger and better and Pearce and Christie and I had the best time playing in the waves!  Ridley was happy just playing on the beach :)  The boys continued to have the best time together which Christie and I both loved!  We stayed until close to 5:00 and then Christie took the boys swimming in the pool while I took my shower and then she brought them in and I gave the boys baths while Christie took her shower.  Christie and I were always on the same page about splitting up duties and it just made for such a fun, easy trip!  The boys played for a while and we ate dinner at the condo and then when it was dark enough, we went crab hunting.  Ridley had never been crab hunting so it was a lot of fun.  We were actually pretty successful and caught about 10 crabs, I think.  By the time we got home, the boys were worn out.  We put them to bed and the Christie and I stayed up late again just talking.  It was so nice getting to have some girl time with her!  Pearce and I had to leave early the next morning to pick up Chris and then go to the lake for the July 4th celebration.  Pearce was soooo sad to leave.  Next year, we will definitely stay several more days.  I loved Port Aransas....it was such a cute little beach town!























1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that the boys had such a good time together AND that you and Christir also had such a good time! I like the look of the beach, too. The "pirates" were very cute with their moustaches, too. Hope you can stay longer next year.

    XOXOX,
    GG

    ReplyDelete