Monday, June 5, 2017

Preschool Graduation and Lake Fun!

And just like that, Pearce's days at Bethany School are over.  We went to his preschool graduation and I wasn't prepared for how sad it would make me.  Pearce started going one day a week at Bethany when he was 20 months old.  I toured several churches and when I found Bethany, I knew that's where I wanted Pearce.  The teachers and staff were all so caring and kind and you could just feel the love at Bethany.  Pearce had 4 birthdays at Bethany, he was potty trained at Bethany, he finally learned that Mommy always comes back at Bethany, he and I both made so many nice friends at Bethany, and although he never went more than 2 days, he learned so much at Bethany.  All of these memories came flooding back to me during his graduation ceremony and slideshow, and I just couldn't hold back my tears.  I just loved how Bethany felt like our safe place....I knew he was cared for and care about while he was there, I knew the teachers were there because they WANTED to be there, and I knew the school believed strongly in "playing to learn."  I worry so much about all of these things when he starts public Kindergarten, but I can't keep Pearce in my little bubble forever...although I would love to!  The program was really nice and each child was introduced and their teacher announced their favorite part of school and what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Pearce's favorite part was the playground :) and he wants to be a Vet when he grows up :)  After the program, there was a reception in the gym with snacks and lots of goodbyes.  This was Mrs. B's last year and I just feel so thankful that we got to have her.  She was absolutely wonderful!  I know Pearce is ready for Kindergarten and I am so excited for him because he is excited, but I am seriously going to miss having my little guy with me during the week!  All I want for him is to come home and tell me he had a great day at school!

 First Day of Mother's Day Out at Bethany (20 months old)

3 Year Old Class with Ms.Irene and Ms. Dawn

4 Year Old Class with Ms. Carolyn

Officially a Preschooler...1st Day in Mrs. B's class


Halloween with Mrs. B

Last Day of Preschool


Preschool Graduation and Pearce's sweet class


Proud Daddy!

My sweet little family

LOVED Mrs. B!!


Ready for some lake fun!  After school, we drove straight to the lake to celebrate the beginning of summer break!  As always, we had such a great time!  Pearce tested out the new tube and fished before Ashley and Nay Nay and Charlotte arrived.  Once they got there, the fun really started with those 3!  They had THE BEST time tubing on the new tube!  Ashley and I loved it, too!!!  It was so fun to just let loose and be silly and not have a care in the world....except who's going to tube next :)  I swear, I have no idea how the kids have endless energy.  Pearce NEVER wakes up before 8:30 or 9:00 if he doesn't have to, but when he's at the lake, it's 7:00 for him.  He'll get up and then just go to the living room to hang out with Annie and Papa and watch TV before the rest of us get up.  When Nay Nay and Charlotte got there, that's what the 3 of them did, too....plus they stayed up late!  We cooked out, made s'mores, the kids swam and played on the blue mat every chance they could get, and Annie was in heaven with all the extra loving she got!  We are so looking forward to lots more lake trips this summer!!


























1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh! Pearce was just a baby when he started to school at Bethany! I'm so glad he had such a wonderful experience there. I met all of his teachers and could tell what wonderful ladies they were! And, Pearce never had anything but good things to say about them. It was obvious that he felt the love.
    Looks like lots of fun at the lake! So glad he likes that. Looks like Annie loves it, too!

    Love,
    GG

    ReplyDelete