Friday, December 9, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

Thanksgiving was a little different this year because we normally travel to either Dallas or Little Rock to be with one or the other set of grandparents.  This year, we decided we would like to have Thanksgiving at our house and Chris wanted to cook it all!  My only request was that I we made my mom's dressing and followed her recipe exactly....I LOVE her dressing!  Pops and Mimi couldn't come because they already had other family coming, but GG was able to come and it was really a fun time!  Chris spent the week preparing the food list, ingredient list, and cooking schedule.  He wanted to try cooking the turkey on his smoker, too.  One of my favorite things is getting to see Pearce for his school's Thanksgiving program and feast.  He was so excited that I was coming and that the year he got to be a Pilgrim...only the "big" kids get to be Pilgrims!  His program was adorable and it was so fun getting to eat with his class.  I loved seeing his turkey feather that said what he was thankful for....his dog, Sissy :)  Once GG came to town, the fun began!  Pearce loved taking GG to his favorite play areas and once again, got into playing his matching game with GG.  On Thanksgiving day, Chris was busy preparing everything.  I let Pearce set the table and he took the job very seriously and did great.  We all sat down for our meal and asked Pearce to say the blessing this is what he said "Dear God thank you so much for this happy Thanksgiving and thank you for Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy and GG. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen."  Chris and I just looked at each other in amazement, I had tears in my eyes, and Pearce was just beaming with pride.  It was the sweetest thing in the world!!!  We enjoyed an amazing dinner that Chris cooked for us and my mom's dressing tasted exactly like hers, so I was happy!  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving for all of us! 





                                   














1 comment:

  1. This was the best Thanksgiving ever!! Chris did a wonderful job cooking everything. I was very impressed. Pearce and Carrie set the table.......and I ate! Pearce did such a good job saying the blessing!! We all had tears in our eyes. We were very blessed!

    ReplyDelete