Saturday, July 6, 2013

Swim Lessons

For the past two weeks, Pearce and I have been going to swim lessons at the Elizabeth Milburn Pool.  We went Monday through Thursday from 9:00-9:45.  I was soooo excited about taking Pearce.  This was just a "get to know the water" type of class.  Well, I thought Pearce would have liked it more than he did :)  At least there was another baby who cried more than Pearce....so that made me feel better, haha!  To his defense, though, the water was soooo cold!  I never even thought about the water being cold, but he would start shivering midway through the class!  The babies practiced going on their tummies and kicking their legs, floating on their back, and going under the water.  What did Pearce want to do?  He just wanted me to hold him :)  But, he was a trooper and we would make a game out of throwing a floating toy and he would go get it, with my help, and he did learn how to kick his legs.  He also learned how to jump off the side and he would go under.....he didn't like it, but he did it!  On the last day, there was a water playscape that the kids could play on and Pearce was the only one from our class that went down the slide all by himself...woohoo!!  It really was fun experience for us, though!  We had two friends do it with us:  Kristin and Logan and Christie and Ridley...plus we made lots of new friends, too!  Christie's husband Mike came and took some pics.  Thanks Mike!



 

1 comment:

  1. Pearce,

    GG enjoyed going to your swim lessons and watching you. I couldn't believe it when you were the only one who went down the big waterslide! I had a great time with you and Ridley at the Sprinkle Park on the 4th of July, too. We need to have another trip & picnic there.

    I love you so much!
    GG

    ReplyDelete