Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our week with Mama

After we arrived home from the hospital, my mom stayed with us for a week.  She just went home yesterday and it was very hard for me to see her go.  Not because she was so much help around the house and with the baby....she WAS, but for me, I just loved seeing how much she loved MY baby.  I loved just being with her on the couch holding Pearce.  We talked nonstop about how cute he is and what a good baby he is and how lucky Chris and I are.  The dishes in the sink could wait, the laundry that needed to be folded could wait.  I loved sharing my baby boy with my mom.  One time, Pearce was with her in her room and I was getting dressed.  I passed her room and saw her holding Pearce just looking so lovingly into his eyes and talking to him.  It made me so happy to see that!  I also loved going on little outings with her each day.  We would go out to lunch, go for a drive, go for a stroll, visit friends, and just run little errands together.  It was good practice on what all I needed to take in my diaper bag for Pearce.  I will always remember that first week home and how special it was that my mom could be there to share it with me.  Mom, thank you for all you did for me that first week.  I love you more than you'll ever know.  Pearce loves his Mama and can't wait to see you again soon!!

This is what Mama and Pearce did most of the time.....she held him and talked to him and he just looked and looked at her...and then would fall asleep :)

We visited Elizabeth and her little girl Charlotte.  They both loved Pearce! 


We went out to lunch most days.  Here are Mama and Pearce at Waterloo.  We timed our lunches so that we were there after the crowds.  I also used his car seat canopy to keep him covered up. 

Peek-a-boo! 

Mama and I had fun giving him sponge baths.  He LOVED having his hair washed! 



We took a ridiculous amount of pictures of Pearce.  Here he is in his crib in the hat and booties Mama knitted him.  What a cutie!!!! 


Out for a stroll! 


At night we would prop him up on his Boppy pillow and he would just look all around. 

We had our first visit to the pediatrician, too.  Everything looked great with Pearce!  We go back tomorrow for his 2 week check-up.  I can't wait to see if he is back to his birth weight...or maybe over!

My friend Heather came for a visit.  She is due with a baby girl in just a few weeks! 

More visitors....Karen and LaRae! 

My friend Elizabeth.  She is due with a baby boy in a few weeks.  We are going to have so much fun with all of these new babies! 

Auntie Jen came for a visit, too.  She loved and loved on Pearce!  It was so fun seeing her with him, too.     

The morning my mom left, we had an appointment to go to Texas Fertility Center to show my fertility doctor Pearce.  Although they really can't take any credit for him, I still wanted to show them Pearce.  The nurses loved holding him. 



This is Dr. Hansard.  We did 5 IUI's, one IVF which failed, and were getting ready to try IVF again, when Pearce decided to give us the shock of our lives.  I wanted to say "See what my crappy eggs made?"  Ha!  She was sooo sweet.  She just went on and on about how beautiful he was and how happy she was for us.    


After going to Texas Fertility, I decided to drop by my acupuncturist's office which is just right down the street.  Sarai (pronounced Sarah) Stappleton is the one I give a LOT of the credit to with me becoming pregnant all on my own.  She wanted me to give her 6 months of acupuncture treatments before we tried IVF again.  I agreed to that and was pregnant within 4 months of starting treatments.  She helped me to relax, think positively, and helped me with healthy eating habits and supplements.  I will forever be grateful to her!!  If we try for another baby, we will go back to her and her only.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how much you will miss your mom now that she's gone home. I wish I could come and stay a week! But, before you know it, Ashley & Wayne & kids will be there for their long weekend. And then . . . . . . G G will be there for her long weekend!!! I can't wait. I want to hold him and love on him again. I can't believe how much I miss him! I want him to hear my voice again so he'll remember me. He's just changing every day (in the pictures) and getting so alert.

    I miss my other grandbabies, too (Otis & Daisy)! It looks like they are settling in with Pearce, and not being too jealous.

    Only 10 more days until I get to come back! I am counting the days!!

    Love,

    G G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and welcome home!! I am a new follower!! Feel free to pop by when you get a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mom were busy! Glad y'all had such a fun week, and I bet she is ready to come back. Love the pictures of Pearce in his crib. He's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie I woke up this morning just thinking about our baby boy Pearce. I could almost feel him in my arms. I am so thankkful for the time we had together and with baby Pearce. We will always remember the first time we saw him, and for me seeing you with him for the first time was just the answer to my prayers. Daddy and I love talking about your new little family and just waiting for the next time we see you and Chris and Pearce. Love and kisses and hugs, Mama and Papa and Cookie

    ReplyDelete