Monday, July 17, 2017

First Lost Tooth!

Pearce lost his first tooth on July 6, 2017!  I noticed how wiggly it was and we decided to try to pull it using dental floss tied to a door and his tooth.  He was so excited about trying this, but each time I slammed the door, the floss would just slip off his tooth.  Pearce then said I should use my "sewing string."  So, I got some strong thread and tied it to his tooth and then to the door.  Well, then he freaked out about it because he knew the string was tied really well to his tooth.  No amount of coaxing was going to work and he did not want me to slam the door.  So, I cut the string from the door but then could not get the rest of the string off his tooth...it was tied really tight!  After lots of convincing, he agreed to let me pull the string, but I only got one try.  I yanked and out came his tooth!  He was so excited but then got scared because it bled.  We got the bleeding stopped and he LOVED his new smile!  For once, Pearce happily agreed to go to bed because he could not wait to see what the Tooth Fairy was going to leave him.  He put his tooth in his Tooth Fairy pillow that I had ordered several months ago and off to bed he went.  The next morning, I was still half asleep when I heard him wake up Daddy to go check his pillow.  He was so excited that the Tooth Fairy left him $2.00 and a teeny tiny note that told him how happy she was to get a nice, clean tooth.  She also told him that she could tell he brushed his teeth twice a day and to keep that up so that he has a nice, healthy smile :)  His other bottom tooth is slightly loose, too.....the Tooth Fairy is going to be very busy!






1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a good tooth fairy! Not only did he get $2, but a personal note ! I'm very impressed. Can't wait to see that sweet smile with the 2 spaces on the bottom!! I love you, Pearce! GG

    ReplyDelete