Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Mama's Visit

Mama came a couple weeks ago, and oh my goodness, did we have fun!  I told Pearce that when he woke up from his nap, Mama would be here.  He got so excited, I almost thought he wouldn't go to sleep!  But, he was a good boy and took a good nap and when he woke up, the fun began!  We went to Phil's Ice House for a great burger and ice cream and play time.  I love this place because they have the cutest little playground that's perfect for toddlers, plus really good food!  Mom said it's one of the best burgers she's ever had!  Of course Pearce always likes to get ice cream there.  He was so sweet to share with Mama :)



 On Tuesday, we took a little day trip to Marble Falls to go to Sweet Berry Farm for some strawberry picking.  I've always wanted to go to Sweet Berry, but have never been, then I found out their strawberries were prime for picking, so I decided this would be the perfect thing for us to do.  There were huge fields of strawberries...I've never seen so many.  It was neat to actually see them on the vine and pick these beautiful red strawberries.  Pearce even ate a few right off the vine :)  We picked enough to fill a shoe box.  They also had goats to feed, a train (it wasn't running because it was a little muddy), a bouncy thing, horses to pet, and fresh strawberry ice cream.  We brought a picnic and had fun sitting on our blanket eating and watching Pearce run around.  When we got home, we put Pearce down for a nap and Mom got to work getting our strawberries cut for strawberry shortcake that night.  These were the best strawberries I've ever had!!!  On Wednesday, I got to have the day to myself and Pearce and Mama went to the park, went to Dunkin Donuts for Munchkins, and just had fun being together.  I LOVED my day off!!

I was really looking forward to our day on Thursday.  We took another little day trip to a place called Little Buckaroo Ranch.  It's a ranch where the owners raise miniature horses and they give tours of the ranch and let kids pet the animals, ride the horse, feed the goats, etc...  I just knew Pearce would have a great time and I thought it would be so fun to experience this with Mama...oh my gosh, it was SO fun!  Of course, I got Pearce dressed in his finest cowboy attire.  He loved being a little buckaroo and helping to feed the animals.  He was so excited to get to ride on the tractor with Cowboy Jimmy and he REALLY loved riding on the horse!  I loved this place and I'm thinking he may need to take horsemanship lessons out here in the next year or two!
 









While Mama was here, we also spruced up my front and back yard with flowers...Mom, you will be happy to know that everything is still alive!  Like always, we had so much fun with you.  Thank you for going on these little adventures with us!  We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment