Monday, September 9, 2013

First day of Mother's Day Out

Last week, Pearce went to his first day of Mother's Day Out.  He will go every Wednesday from 9:00-1:00.  I really hadn't thought about him going this year, but found out a lot of my friends were starting to send their kids, so I started looking at programs in May.  After visiting several churches, I found this one that I loved!  Of course we were late registering and had to be put on a wait list.  I called all during the summer to see if a spot had opened up, but no luck.  Then a couple weeks before it was supposed to start, I got a call that a Wednesday spot was open and would we like it?  YES!!!!  That was a perfect day for us, too!  It was so fun getting all of Pearce's things together for "school."  GG sent Pearce this cute lunch box and Razorback backpack.  Daddy ordered Pearce his very first pair of real tennis shoes and he could not have looked cuter!
Mama got me the cute chalkboard that I painted and spent FOREVER trying to write on in my neatest handwriting for his first day of school picture.  I packed his lunch and backpack the night before.  For lunch, I packed a peanut butter sandwich, cheese cubes, apple slices, a sippy cup, and a little cookie :)  His backpack had to have a change of clothes and 3 diapers labeled with his name and another sippy cup.  I'm going to get his name monogrammed on his lunch box this week and I also need to see if I can get his name on his blankies.....the only problem is how to do that in a day so that he has them at night????

I woke him up at 7:45 so that he would have plenty of time to eat a good breakfast.  I fixed his usual bowl of oatmeal....which he promptly threw on the floor and then said "Lean up Mommy."  Thanks, Pearce :)  After we tried again with yogurt, which thankfully he did eat, I got him dressed and then outside we went for pics!


All the way to school, I talked to him about going to school and playing with his teacher.  He kept saying "Cool?  Cheecher?"  I knew drop off was going to be short and sweet, so as soon as we walked in, I gave him a kiss and then one of his teachers took him from me and the other got his backpack and lunch box and as soon as I turned around to leave, he started crying and saying "Mommy, Mommy."  I totally did not think I would cry, but as I was walking out of the building, tears were building up in my eyes.  I called Mom and just started crying to her.  Man, this little guy knows how to get me!  But as we talked, I felt better.  I knew he would end up having fun and he does have to learn that it's o.k. for me to leave because I always come back, but this was the first time leaving him for such a long period of time.  I was totally o.k. when I got to Starbucks and then to a quiet house at home :)   


When I picked him up, they said he did great and only cried for a little bit after I left.  He kept showing me the "tamp" on his hand that he got from his teachers.  It was fun looking in his lunch box and seeing that he ate most of what I packed him....actually, I'm assuming he ate it....could be that he threw most of it on the floor since that is what he's into these days :)  I am so glad he got into this MDO program and his two teachers seem so sweet.  AND....not gonna lie.....it's nice to have a few hours all to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment