Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Visiting my classroom and a picnic at the park.

Today, I took Pearce to see my kids at school.  They have seen pictures of Pearce, but they had not seen him in person.  He is 3 months old today, so it was time!  He was in such a good mood (of course!).  The kids were soooo excited to see us!  I didn't let any of them touch him, but I went around to their desks and they got to look at him and talk to him.  Pearce just smiled and smiled :)  Then they all got in a big circle and I laid Pearce down on a blanket and he just kicked and smiled and cooed away!!  They all thought he was the cutest thing ever and I was a proud mommy!  I got to see a lot of my friends at school and they just loved holding Pearce.  I do miss seeing my friends daily, but I am so thankful I get to stay home with my little guy, I just would not trade this experience for anything!

This is Jennifer Shropshire who is my sub.  I had two of her kids in first grade and I just love her!  



Thanks for the rabbit ears, George! 


Yesterday, it was my turn to host my mom's group.  I was a little nervous just because I am new to the group and I wanted everyone to have a good time!  We usually meet at someone's house and just talk while the babies play on the floor.  I thought it might be fun to do something different...which made me even more nervous!  There's a cute park right in the neighborhood.  So, I emailed the girls and asked if they would be up for strolling to the park and having a picnic!  They all loved the idea.  So, Chris made some good dips, I got cookies from the store and bottled waters and everyone brought their own sandwich.  It was a great turnout!  A few moms met us at the park because their babies were still napping.  It was so funny seeing all of these mommies and strollers walking down the street to the park.  We found this great shady area and spread out our blankets and just had fun watching the babies, eating our lunch, and talking.  I just love this group of girls.  They have been so welcoming to Pearce and I!  One girl even said Pearce was the best dressed baby of the group...ha!!  All together, there were 12 moms and babies and they all said this was a great idea...so it was a success!!
Enjoying the beautiful day with our babies!

My little guy.  Notice his little sneakers :)





2 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea! It looks like everyone had a good time, and it was nice to get out and "stroll" to the park.

    I know your class was thrilled to get to see you and Pearce. They look like they were well-behaved and really happy.

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cute picnic idea! I'm so glad you are connected with the group!!

    ReplyDelete