Friday, January 20, 2012

Dear Pearce...

Dear Pearce,
         In just a few days you will be welcomed into the world.  You have so many people who love you and have been praying for your safe arrival and are just so excited to finally meet you.  But, my love, no one is more  excited or anxious for your arrival than me, your mommy.  I have longed to be a mommy for so long and now you are going to make my dream come true.  I try to imagine who you will look like, how big you'll be, what your cry will sound like for the first time, what you'll feel like when I hold you, but I honestly just can't.  You have been a hope and a prayer for such a long time, it's just hard for me to imagine. I am looking forward to just holding you and looking at every precious part of you.  I want to kiss your sweet baby cheeks.  I want to rock you and sing to you.  I'm looking forward to taking you on walks in your stroller and showing you off to everyone I know.  Your daddy and I will try our hardest to be the best parents we can be to you.  I know we will make some mistakes, but one thing that is absolutely for sure is that you will be loved and cherished for the miracle you are.  Mommy and daddy are all ready for you.  If you would like to come before the 25th, that is fine with us!  If you are all snug inside of me, that's o.k. too....I've waited a LONG time for you...I can wait a few more days.  I love you, my sweet baby boy.

Love,
Mommy    

7 comments:

  1. Since you were so small you stayed in the hospital a few weeks after we brought Ashley home. Daddy and I went to the hospital each day to feed you and hold you. We loved having Ashley at home but we wanted our other baby and we thought Ashley missed you too. So we started begging the doctor to let you come home before you reached the 5 lb. goal. We promised to feed you every two hours, and take good care of you. Grandma was there to help us. Finally the doctor agreed that we could keep you healthy and home you came. We have movies of that day. Not that we need them to remember the joy and pride we felt as we layed you down next to your baby sister. Love, Mom and Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's going to be so perfect. . . but what's going to be even more perfect is you as his mommy. He is a BLESSED baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a post today...the day before Pearce arrives. I am so excited for you and Chris! My heart feels so good for you & that Lora, GG, is there. I will tell you there is nothing like seeing your 1st grandchild right after he is born. Looking forward to your new posts and pictures!!! Pat Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you precious little boy! This time tomorrow, you will be here. I am so excited that I've been having trouble sleeping. I just can't wait to touch you, sniff your wonderful "baby smell," kiss your little cheek, and love on you! I thank God for the wonderful gift you are. I look forward to reading stories to you, playing hide & seek, taking walks, and doing anything you want to do. You are so loved by so many!!

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the anticipation of having my first baby, even my 2nd. It will be such a special day for you and Chris. It really is amazing how perfect your children are to you and how God gives you just the right ones! Pearce was worth waiting for wasn't he? Love you

    ReplyDelete