Saturday, January 7, 2012

37 weeks and impromptu photo shoot :)


*Charlotte must be thinking, "That is one big tummy!"
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 37 weeks in the pic
Size of baby: He's continuing to gain about an ounce a day.  He's about 6 1/2- 7 pounds and between 18-20 inches.   
Weight gain: I go to the doctor today, so we'll see!
Maternity Clothes: Nothing but maternity clothes although there are just a few outfits left that fit right and are comfortable now. 
Gender: BOY! Pearce Matthew
Movement: I feel more jabs and pointy parts.  I feel him down really low.  What's weird is to feel him low AND up by my ribs.  I feel his heel all the time in the left part of my stomach.
Sleep:  Still hit and miss.  I continue to be sooo sleepy during the day.  I just have to make it through this week of school, and then I can finally take it easy. 
Symptoms:  TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions.  I feel more pressure down low.  I've noticed that if I sit too long, my joints are VERY sore when I get up.  Right now, the old lady hose are not helping as much with my feet swelling.   
Cravings: Lately it's been Whataburger!
What I miss: Nothing!  Wellll...actually that's not true.  When Ash was here this past weekend, she wanted to use her Christmas money to get new clothes.  She got so many cute things and I found myself wishing I could be buying the same things.  But then I quickly shook that thought out of my head and told myself I would gladly wear the small amount of maternity clothes that actually fit and are comfortable for the next couple of weeks.  I will then work hard to get back to my pre-pregnancy body and then go shopping....Mom, will you take me????  :-)
Best moment this week:  Just reaching 37 weeks and knowing that if Pearce decides to come early, he would be just fine!! 
What I am looking forward to: Friday...MATERNITY LEAVE begins!!
How's that scar looking? It's gonna be a doozy at the end. It feels really hard...I just don't see how it can stretch more than it has already. But, I don't care!
Belly Button: F-L-A-T :)

**No stretch marks yet!!**

Ash took my 37 week pictures, but she decided we needed to do a mini maternity photo shoot :)  It was fun...I'm glad I have these now.  





One excited Mommy-to-be! 

4 comments:

  1. Cute!! If you want to do another one we can just go out to the park/woods (after school) and I can bring my camera! You let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for maternity leave! You look absolutely adorable...and I'm loving the wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie! I found your blog a few weeks ago through Kelly's Korner. I live in the Austin area and can tell you do too. My husband and I are having our first baby (a boy) in February. Your blog is so cute, and I am enjoying reading your updates. Hope your last week at work is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take Erin up on her offer! You'll be glad to have lots of pictures of you to look back on, plus you're so cute! We had so much fun that weekend, and I'm so excited to think that the next time I see you, you'll be having a baby! I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete