Friday, January 6, 2012

36 weeks!!

Oh my goodness.  I just cannot believe I am reaching the end of this pregnancy!!!  Only 19 days until my c-section on the 25th!!!  Two nights ago, Chris and I were talking about it.  He said he is just so excited and that he doesn't get excited about many things.  Hearing him talk about about our baby immediately brought tears to my eyes...surprise, surprise :)  The more he talked about it, the more teary eyed I got.  I didn't want to ruin the moment by becoming a blubbering idiot, so I started playing with Daisy while discreetly wiping my eyes.  He saw me and asked what was wrong.  I quickly said nothing was wrong..just that I got some lotion in my eyes.  Ha!  I of course am excited for myself and know I will instantly fall in love with my baby, but to see Chris with his baby boy????  It's going to totally melt my heart.  He is going to be the BEST daddy and I just can't wait to experience parenthood with him.  We said we just want to figure things out together...not get stressed out about little things that don't matter.  I just can't wait!!!!!!






Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 36 weeks, 6 days in the pic
Size of baby: He's continuing to gain about an ounce a day.  He's about 6 1/2 pounds and between 18-20 inches.   
Weight gain: Gained 2 more pounds...I weigh about 137 right now.  So far I've gained about 32 pounds...whoa!
Maternity Clothes: Nothing but maternity clothes.
Gender: BOY! Pearce Matthew
Movement: I feel more jabs and pointy parts.  I feel him down really low.  What's weird is to feel him low AND up by my ribs.
Sleep: Sleep has not been good.  I get up almost every hour to go to the bathroom.  I am also so tired during the day.  I can't wait until next Friday when I start maternity leave...at least then I can take little naps.  I'm definitely NOT complaining at all, just wanting to remember this change! 
Symptoms:  LOTS of Braxton Hicks contractions.  I have felt a little bit of pressure down low, but nothing bad.  Achy joints and back.  Swelling isn't too bad anymore since I wear my old lady hose :)  I can tell he's dropped down in the past day, which is crazy! 
Cravings: Lately it's been Whataburger!
What I miss: Nothing!
Best moment this week:  Starting weekly doctor visits!  I went on Wednesday and everything is great.  I got to hear is sweet heart beating and he is head down. 
What I am looking forward to: Getting to 37 weeks and then maternity leave next Friday!!
How's that scar looking? It's gonna be a doozy at the end. It feels really hard...I just don't see how it can stretch more than it has already. But, I don't care!
Belly Button: F-L-A-T :)

**No stretch marks yet!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment