Wednesday, October 26, 2011

26 weeks, 4 days!!


This pic was taken in the school library because Chris is gone all week.

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 26 weeks, 4 days 
Size of baby:  Pearce is 14 inches long from head to heels, he weighs about a pound and a half, about the size of an English hothouse cucumber.  What is that?
Weight gain:  I went to the doctor on Monday and my nurse said my weight gain is right on target.  I weighed in at 127 pounds...whoa!
Maternity Clothes: LOVING them.  I've started wearing my Fall tops and I love that because that means it's getting closer to winter time which also means closer to baby! 
Gender: BOY!  Pearce Matthew
Movement: YES!  I just love getting into bed and feeling him roll around.  I love watching my belly move all over the place.  There are times when a kick or movement is so strong that it sort of takes my breath away.  It's just amazing!  I read that he can recognize his parents' voices and react to them.  I totally believe that.  When I talk to him I can feel him move.  I really think he can also sense my touch.  When I put my hand on my belly, he moves where my hand is.  I think he knows it's mommy's hand, too.  It never fails when someone else touches my belly he won't move, but when I touch it, he does :)
Sleep: I have to get up several times to go to the bathroom, but I can always go back to sleep.
Symptoms: Reflux....YUCK!  No heartburn yet.  I also have a spot in my upper back that gets sore as the day goes on.  It doesn't hurt too bad, just annoying.  BUT I DON'T CARE!  
Cravings:  Lately it has been sweets.  Which is not good since I have to do my glucose screening in the next week!  
What I miss:  Ummm...nothing! 
Best moment this week:  Had a doctor's appointment on Monday and everything was great!  I just can't help but have the biggest smile on my face when I hear his heart beating away.  !!!
What I am looking forward to:  The nursery furniture is coming next Tuesday!
How's that scar looking? It's kind of reddish now.  I can't wait to see what it looks like in 3 more months.  My stomach is going to be one heck of a road map! 
Belly Button: Very shallow and fun to play with!

I enter the 3rd trimester at 28 weeks.  I can't believe I'm almost there.  At times it seems like the days and weeks are crawling and at other times I think WOW....time is flying by!  The other day someone asked me when we'll try for a second baby.  That question totally caught me off guard.  A second baby?  How in the world can I think about a second baby when the first one isn't even here yet????  I just told her I had no idea.  But I've been thinking about that and I've come to the conclusion that if God just lets me have Pearce, that's all I need.  During this whole journey I always told God that if He just lets me have one healthy baby, that would be fine with me.  I think deep down I would like for Pearce to have a sibling, but I've already decided that I will not do any fertility treatments.  I am done with that!  In the end, we didn't need them for Pearce, so if it's God's plan for us to have another baby after Pearce, then great.  If not, that is o.k. too.  I am just so INCREDIBLY thankful for the sweet baby boy that is growing inside of me.  I do not want to be greedy and try for another baby.  If it happens, it happens.  Afterall that is how we got Pearce...we weren't even "trying" at the time.  Anyway, that's just how I feel right now. 

3 comments:

  1. I teared up reading this one. I love you guys so much! Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I just want to get this baby here w/o any problems! Guess what? Today I visited PolkaTot Designs in Mobile, AL, where Pearce's crib bedding was made. The ladies there were so-o-o nice!! They immediately knew who I was when I introduced myself. They believe that it was just meant to be that Pearce have the "namesake" bedding! I wish you could have been with me. All the fabrics are so beautiful. They're all so much prettier than they appear on the internet website. It was fun to see all the things they make, too.

    Love you,

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything happens for a reason and it happens just the way it'supposed to. Remember all of the advice and pep talks you gave me when we were trying to have Nathan? Now it's my turn to tell you the same things! I always knew your baby was coming, one way or another. Pearce is going to be one lucky baby to have you and Chris as his parents.

    ReplyDelete