Thursday, September 15, 2011

20 weeks, 5 days!

Today I am 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my precious baby boy!  I'm half way there!  I feel him moving all the time now.  I love feeling him move.  It makes me smile EVERY TIME!  Whenever I feel him, I always say or think "Hi baby."  I really am so amazed when I see my growing belly and feel his little kicks and thumps.  I look at all the kids at school and think how amazing it is that they were conceived and born.  It's such a strange feeling.  I wonder if their moms and dads felt as lucky as we do.  I'm sure they did and still do, but it's so strange that something so natural as making a baby seems so unnatural to me.  I seriously thought I might never get to experience pregnancy and now that I am....I'm just in awe of my body and of this whole process.  I want to enjoy this pregnancy and I feel like I am enjoying it, but I also kind of want it to hurry up because really, all I want is to hold this baby boy in my arms.  I keep telling myself that after he's born, I will relax....I know that's totally not true, but at least he will actually be here with me.  So, here are the belly pics and stats:



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 20 weeks, 5 days
Size of baby: 10 1/2 inches crown to rump, 13 oz, about the size of a cantaloupe.
Weight gain: Still 15 pounds, I think.  I go back to the doctor at the end of the month.
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I definitely have to wear maternity pants and I have been wearing maternity shirts, but I can also wear some non-maternity shirts, too.
Gender: BOY!
Movement: YES! I love feeling HIM move all the time now!
Sleep: I have to get up several times to go to the bathroom, but I can always go back to sleep.
Symptoms: Chris also says I have started snoring loudly at night...ha!
Cravings: FOOD period! I am loving food these days!
What I miss: Not a thing!
Best moment this week:  Ordering his bedding!  I can't wait to see it.  It comes in at the end of October!! 
What I am looking forward to: Working on his nursery!
How's that scar looking? It actually looks the best it's ever looked because it's stretched out and laying flat.
Belly Button:  I've noticed that my belly button has gotten more shallow this week.   

I ordered his bedding this week from Polka Tot Designs and am absolutely in love with it!!!  My mother in law purchased it for him and I just can't wait to get it in!!!  I should receive the swatches soon so that I can pick out paint color.  Here is a pic below.  WE haven't decided on a name yet, so that back piece will not be monogrammed.  As soon as we decide I will get it monogrammed locally.  Also, the bed skirt will be straight, not ruffled like in the picture.  I plan on having the room painted the same soft blue as in his bedding.  I also ordered a Roman Shade in the same fabric.  I want his nursery to be soft and soothing and I think it will be.  I just can't wait to get it all put together!!  Sooo exciting!!! 


3 comments:

  1. This is the exactly the color scheme you would go for. It is beautiful!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Momma, I have never been so excited about a baby being born!!!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so anxious for everything to come in, I can hardly wait! I have it all pictured in my head, too. It is so beautiful and so soothing. This is just so exciting for all of us! You are going to be the BEST mommy. I can't leave Chris out -- he's going to be an awesome daddy!

    Love seeing my "granddogs" in the background of the picture of the belly balm. Boy, are they in for a surprise!!! LOL

    Love,
    Lora

    ReplyDelete